South Rim Road Conditions.
As of this update, South Rim roads are open. Roads are snow-packed and icy in places. Please drive with caution. Additional snowstorms or freezing conditions may result in future road closures that can happen with little or no advance notice.
Call 928-638-7496 for current park road condition information.
- Please drive with caution and at speeds appropriate to the road conditions.
- Watch for deer and elk in the roadway.
- Take your time and be patient. Allow extra time to get to your destination.
- Always accelerate and decelerate slowly to get the best traction.
- Do not turn abruptly. Turn and change lanes slowly and gradually.
- Increase the distance between you and the traffic ahead of you, allowing plenty of time to brake and steer around hazards.
- Posted speed limits are set for normal road and driving conditions. Snow and ice are not normal. Slow down.
- Use your low beams in blowing and heavy snow.
- Take time to properly defrost all windows before driving.